When is the last time you felt WONDER-Ful ?
I'm not sure if i have ever blogged about the fact that I attended five different grade schools before my parents decided to send me to that "artsy" Waldorf School.
AMEN! I found myself in my element FINALLY. It was important that my own kids attend and I have not once regretted the decision to send them.
The magic of Waldorf lives inside of the preservation of imagination and and one of the basic tenets is to leverage the state of "wonder" to inspire learning. No matter where you find yourself (inside it's gardens, walls, classrooms, drawings, or events) you can't help but surrender to that feeling, and the amazement that comes over you when you experience it.
If ever there were a more inspiring place to feel it; it's the annual Holiday Faire.
Prepare for a feast of the senses with a truly unique community who embraces all things made from the heart and hand of true craftsmanship. Food, toys, clothing, gifts and furnishings- don't be surprised if you make the Faire a destination each year to kick off the true feeling of the season as well as the ability to preserve it throughout the holidays.
Here are just a few of the things that happen and can be expected... I hope you'll come or find a waldorf school in your area- chances are their own Holiday Faire is right around the corner!
- Each room of the school is transformed into a wonderland of the holidays including gifts, baked goods, craft making, Thanksgiving farmers market, advent wreaths, a beautiful room filled with special books, and a "Bee" room... ( amazing!)
- The central room is filled with affordable handcrafted or specialty toys and gifts made in America, Germany, and beyond. Almost anything you buy would be considered "unique" and surely something you would not find lining the shelves of American stores. Plan on finding something for almost anyone on your list especially hard to buy for people!
- You don't have to spend a dime to have the time of your life. Experience the sights, smells, tastes, sounds & textures of the Faire simply by walking the halls and smelling the roasted peanuts & popcorn, cinnamon and spices, pies, baked goods... and fresh pine of course! Listen to wonderful music and enjoy seeing the open delight and excitement on the faces of children as they:
- Ride ponies, create crafts, visit the gnome cave, view the marionette show, chase the pocket lady (who is the hit of the faire and the pied piper of children with her coat of many pockets that turn up trinkets and treasures into the palms of outstretched little hands...)
- Big kids come too- lots of activities including ultimate frisbee and free form hackey sac! It's a social event for everyone!
I hope too see you there this year and please bring your friends and family and REPOST! SHARE this post on FB and SHOUT from the rooftops! The Holiday Faire is here!
November 20th (Saturday night) is for adults only from 6pm- 9pm
November 21st (Sunday) Faire opens at 10:00 am- 4:00 pm and is open to all.
GOOGLE MAP IT! (already did it for you just hit the link!)
300 Kingstown Road
West Kingston, RI 02892